Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Bishop Auckland

Tomorrow I am off to Bishop Auckland in County Durham to give a talk in the town hall - yet another journey across the pennines - none for years and then two in a week. The area has a haunting bleakness which I always find attractive. This time I am going by car because the train service is inadequate.

Gillian Wales, the Centre Manager at Bishop Auckland, does a very good job at arranging the entertainment in the town - looking thorugh the programme of events there is an astonishing range of cultural activities with touring theatres, puppet shows, a selection of films, dances and concerts, authors events, art exhibitions and crafts - something for everyone I would say. I notice that at half term there is a week-long event celebrating Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales in which the participants will adapt stories for the stage - making costumes and scenery and finally performing in front of fmaily and friends - sounds excellent.

I am giving an illustrated talk on my research for my novel WEGENER'S JIGSAW and discussing my work with the author Elizabeth Hankin.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home