Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Welsh Waterstones Tour: Stop 5 - Newport

Yesterday, I took an early train to Newport in Gwent.


This is another place I'd never been before, and I found attractive, flower-decorated streets


and, helped along by the blue friendly circle of my iphone sat nav, my goal: Waterstones.


The staff there had found a TV and DVD player and heaved it into the middle of their shop, so I was able to play my little movies on that (which was much better than my laptop)


and not only that but displayed my book on their 'hot of the press' shelf


and had even been kind enough to read it in advance and given it a review.


The customers were interested and I had a great time talking to them, and telling them of the story of the Welsh going to Patagonia. So thank you Newport in Gwent, and thanks especially to Louise, Paul for the review and all the rest of the staff at Waterstones - I much enjoyed my visit.

2 Comments:

Blogger crimeficreader said...

When I was on the 04:57 out of there on Saturday morning and heading north, I wondered if I might be passing you when other trains went the other way!
Glad it went well. Paul's a star, one of Waterstone's best!

Mon Jul 26, 11:24:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks CFR, yes, had a good time. Glad that Harrogate went well too.

Tue Jul 27, 08:15:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home