Wednesday, July 01, 2009

China: The Guide Book

Yesterday everything seemed to be conspiring against going to China - no answer from the emails I'd sent out, and a friend, unintentionally I'm sure, made me feel like I was just wasting my time. But this morning someone I knew gave me a bit of lead, perhaps, and then when I came in from spinning, this was waiting for me...


the DK Eyewitness travel guide to China - and I feel, once more, that I can do this. Looking up places on the internet is great but I tend to lose where I am. I prefer a book at the start of a project like this, not only because I can keep track and flip backwards and forwards, but because I trust it more.

So now I am going to write another email, learn a few more words in Mandarin and plan what I need to do next.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jud said...

Sounds like a sensible plan.

Wed Jul 01, 01:39:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Jud!

Wed Jul 01, 05:55:00 pm  
Blogger Kirsty said...

I for one am very impressed by your China plans. I don't think I could even contemplate doing such an adventure by myself.

Thu Jul 02, 12:49:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

I am getting a bit worried about it myself, Kirsty! :-)

Thu Jul 02, 11:43:00 pm  
Blogger jem said...

Good luck with your dream Clare. I think exploring new and fascinating and far-flung places should be a key part of human nature.

Fri Jul 24, 03:32:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

I think experiencing anything new is good for a writer - but maybe travel is the most invigorating of them all.

Fri Jul 24, 03:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home