Wednesday, June 18, 2008

At Last!

Look what arrived this morning...


'Something to Answer For' by P.H. Newby - a 'Faber Find' , which is a branch of Faber and Faber dedicated to bringing lost classics back into print. Apparently they are reprinting five of his other books too. I do find it incredible that this book was ever allowed to go out of print since it won the first Booker (something to answer for, indeed (heh - very pleased with that)), but still, I'm glad I've managed to get hold of a copy now.

I ordered it from Amazon a couple of months ago, and every few weeks have been getting emails from them saying they are still looking - but today it arrived. At last. I am pleased.

Of course I don't know when I am going to have time to read it. I do have a slight back-log...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home