Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Penguin

Another 101 word story...

For an ugly duck he had a big mouth. I soon gave up waiting for him to turn into swan.
‘One day all this will be yours,’ he said, pointing with his beak.
But his wing was more like a flipper and he smelt strongly of fish. When I complained of the cold he suggested that I huddled with his relatives who had the same halitosis. He waddled rather than walked and refused to hitch up his pants. When he told me he expected me to mother his dynasty I laughed. How was I to know he really was an emperor?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love these. And I love your style in writing them. I tried to come up with something for the camels--it involved a perceived insult over a waiter asking "One lump or two?"--but I couldn't get it to work. I think you should make a collection of them. Illustrated.

Thu Dec 29, 05:19:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Debra - that camel idea sounds good - I'd love to hear it...

Thu Dec 29, 11:03:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home