Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The 2011 Man Booker Longlist

I was out all day today (I shall write about that later), and came back tonight, looked at the news on-line, and find that I am especially delighted about the Booker longlist. Not only is Patrick McGuiness's 'The Last Hundred Days' is on there (published by my publisher, Seren) but also Jane Rogers's 'The Testament of Jessie Lamb'.

I've loved all that I've read of Jane Rogers's writing, and this one sounds particularly exciting: a world in which motherhood is fatal. Patrick McGuiness's also sounds like something I'd love to read - about the last days of Ceausescu's tyranny in Romania.

So many congratulations to you (and all the other long-listers).

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne S said...

I haven't read any of the list. The Jane Rogers does sound interesting, as do several of the others.

Thu Jul 28, 05:58:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Same here, Anne. I've ordered a couple, but I am trying to restrain myself :-)

Thu Jul 28, 10:05:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home