Tuesday, June 02, 2009

World Drawing Day

I love drawing. Several times in my life I have yearned to go to art school, and although I suppose I could have got in I doubt that I'd have had enough talent to be a professional artist. Nevertheless, I do love to draw. So I was interested to see a note from Colin Sherbourn who is the chairman of the Author's North committee I'm on (part of the Society of Authors) a couple of days ago.

On Saturday, he says, it is World Drawing Day. The aim is to get one million people drawing online during the day. You can read more about it at Colin's blog (he is the cartoonist of the newspaper the Westmorland Gazette).
Link

7 Comments:

Blogger Jud said...

So....where are you sketches and doodles, Clare?

Wed Jun 03, 03:18:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

In a big A1 case under my bed, Jud! Paints, brushes and easels up in the loft. That's the trouble with art - there's just so much stuff.

Thu Jun 04, 08:21:00 am  
Anonymous Gilles said...

Would you like to see my contribution?

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/312/crocusb.jpg

G.

Thu Jun 04, 11:09:00 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I love drawing too - other peoples'! :)
I hope you contribute and have fun doing it.

Thu Jun 04, 11:19:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Oh, that's really good, Gilles - love it!

Ha, yes Kay - I like other people's too. I'll certainly have a go if I remember and don't get caught up in a bit of writing.

Thu Jun 04, 12:38:00 pm  
Blogger jem said...

I've missed this, but one of my aims for 2009 is to learn to draw better. I enjoy it, but I'm not very good at it. The main problem is I rarely set aside time to do it. This had reminded me yet again. Thanks for that!

Tue Jun 09, 12:47:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Same here, Jem! Finding time is a very big problem.

Tue Jun 09, 05:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home