Friday, March 07, 2008

Spring!

Spring is here. This morning I heard the frogs diving in a panic as I walked past, and then, when I looked, there were two massive clumps of frogspawn. Maybe I shall bring them inside again as I did four years ago - I love seeing tadpoles turn into frogs.


Spring is in my kitchen too now. On Wednesday night I had fun giving my talk on 'Madness in the Nineteenth Century' to some local reading groups. They were a great audience and at the end they gave me these flowers. Every time I pass them I feel happy.

It was also Hodmandod Minor's birthday recently and he insisted that I make a cake. It took ages and I am not sure that the result was worth all the effort, but Hodmandod Minor liked eating it...

5 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

That is one crazy cake! Love the flowers - so ... springy! So cheerful. And frogs! It must be a joy to have frogs ... our tree frogs seem to have become silent in the last few years; such a shame. They may come back, I live in hope.

Fri Mar 07, 09:40:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine having frogs that live in trees, C.B.! And to hear them up there, croaking next to the birds...if indeed they croak. How strange the world seems, sometimes.

Fri Mar 07, 10:50:00 pm  
Blogger Anne S said...

Haven't seen a frog in years, alas, though I do remember as a child collecting the spawn and watching the tadpoles form into frogs. They just don't come around anymore where I live in the city.

Love the birthday cake, particularly the drunken angle of the years, leaning crazily akimbo on the cake.

Sat Mar 08, 09:49:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Anne, I'd love to say those candles were deliberately placed, but it would be a lie.

I am rather perturbed about your lack of frogs! I hope they come back soon.

Sat Mar 08, 03:55:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all that colour on the cake! A belated happy birthday to Jack too.

Mon Mar 10, 07:46:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home