Saturday, November 24, 2007

What I'm Doing 13:

What I watched last:
UNDER MILK WOOD by Dylan Thomas (of course). I'd not seen it before. At first it seemed overwrought - all those 'bible-blacks', 'sloe-blacks' - every colour had a noun attached (though probably this seemed original and brilliant when he did it - but it has been copied somewhat) - and the people seemed caricatures... but after a while I realised that was probably the point, and enjoyed it.




What I'm listening to:
CHASING CARS by Snow Patrol (from the album EYES OPEN)
One of those albums that seems familiar when you hear it - because you have. Anyway, I like it.






What I'm Reading (the best thing):
THE VIRUS HUNTER by C J Peters
I'm finding out so much. The vaccine for Argentine Hemorrhagic Fever was created by Julio Barrera Oro in 1985. This virus kills about 30 % of the people that contract it and is spread by contact with the droppings of a small mouse. When the virus was isolated, almost simultaneously by two opposing institutions in Buenos Aires, the competition for 'who found it first' was so severe that Julio Barrera Oro inoculated himself with this potentially lethal virus to show his team really had found it. A few days later he developed the fever. Luckily he survived.

What I'm Writing:
Nothing... but tomorrow maybe I shall again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I am fascinated by the process of writing that you are describing Clare. Keep at it - you are on your way well and truly and all that reading can only inspire and motivate.
(Just hope the sleeping is going better for you.)

Sun Nov 25, 04:36:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this place, Clare, it is so bleak, but you have to believe that you will come through it or at least rest in my belief for you. Be kind to yourself.

Sun Nov 25, 10:08:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you both - ver much appreciated.

Sun Nov 25, 01:52:00 pm  
Blogger jem said...

Sorry to hear the writing isn't coming easy today - somedays are like that, somedays arent. Taking in sustenance from other sources is always a good rememdy.

'Eyes Open' is a good album - my favorite tracks are 7 & 8!

Sun Nov 25, 06:06:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jem - just going to look up 7 &8 now...

Sun Nov 25, 09:24:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home