Thursday, July 20, 2006

Holiday Reading

Time for the Hodmandodholiday. I keep thinking as Hodmandods we really should be caravanners but we're not. This year we are relocating to a shell in the Isle of Wight for a week, in a place called Freshwater Bay (an optimistic name for a bay in the English Channel - I shall, of course, be tasting said water to find out if it's true). This counts as overseas according to some family members since we have to take a ferry to get there.

Going with me are the topmost volumes from my reading pile: WUTHERING HEIGHTS by one Emily Bronte, PATCHWORK PLANET by Anne Tyler and 26a by Diana Evans.

Book titles which are the names of houses seem to be popular (at least in my reading pile) at the moment and if 26a turns out to be anywhere near as good as 64 CLARKE by Andrew Holmes I shall be very impressed.

I don't think I am going to get through my redraft of my redraft of my redraft of my novel before I go although I have tried. I was contemplating taking my laptop with me but the Senior Hodmandod has ordered a complete rest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kay Cooke said...

SH is right - a complete rest! I like the idea of a family of snails retreating to an island holiday - hope you don't take all your time getting there!

Sat Jul 22, 04:03:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I hadn't thought of it like that - the snails cross the Solent, using their shells as boats.

Thu Aug 03, 02:07:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home