Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Patagonia Talk in Hawarden

Excellent attendance for my talk in the Tithe Barn in Hawarden tonight.  Well over 100, I would say.  This is a photo I took when it was only just half full...


...and still they kept coming.  Eventually they had to get more chairs down from the loft. 

 I think it was the enticement of Welsh Cakes and Bara Brith that did it ....and Joan and Don Bartholemew's excellent publicity efforts.  

Many thanks to Joan and Don, Paul who organised the electronics and the many people who helped with the chairs and cakes.  I had a great evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marly Youmans said...

I hope they sold books! : )

Mon Apr 29, 03:15:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Yes! They did - all that they had, not that many though because the audience was unexpectedly large so the bookshop hadn't ordered many.

Mon Apr 29, 04:55:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home