Thursday, January 03, 2013

Kindle Delivers

At three years (corrected later: days, I mean days!  Thanks Cromercrox)  into the new year I have already bought eight books - all in the kindle 12 days of Christmas promotion.
 The Wild PlacesMountains of the MindBalti Britain: A Provocative Journey Through Asian BritainWhy The West Rules--For Now: The Patterns of History and What They Reveal About the FutureGranta 120: Medicine (Granta: The Magazine of New Writing)Granta 119: Britain (Granta: The Magazine of New Writing)The Baby In The Mirror: A Child's World from Birth to ThreeAnthropology
A mouth-watering selection, I feel.

4 Comments:

Blogger jem said...

Happy New Year Clare! You've got some good ones here - I loved the Macfarlane mountain one - it made me want to head for the heights. And I got a Granta subscription for Christmas last year, read the Britain one and have the Medicine one on my shelf (I'm planning to take it with me when I go on a trip into hospital soon (nothing serious) just to freak out the staff!).

Wed Jan 09, 03:06:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Happy New Year to you too, Jem! Sorry to hear you're going into hospital and my best wishes for a swift recovery (excellent reading choice! :-))

Wed Jan 09, 03:19:00 pm  
Blogger cromercrox said...

Clare - you have years where other people have days.

Wed Jan 16, 09:39:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Duh! Thanks Cromercrox. I suppose I should say it feels like years, but really it feels like seconds. :-0

Wed Jan 16, 10:47:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home