Tuesday, December 04, 2012

A Moment of Glory

I've been away for a few days in Bruges, and so haven't been looking at the internet. On my return, I checked out the Amazon ratings for the Kindle version of 'A Place of Meadows and Tall Trees', and to my complete astonishment found its rating was sandwiched between '50 Shades of Grey' and its sequel (a situation so unprecedented I grabbed  a screenshot for posterity):


Mystified at why this should happen, I found this tweet on twitter:



#4: A Place of Meadows and Tall Trees: A Place of Meadows and Tall Trees Clare Dudman (Author) 106,752% Sales Rank...


with the reason for this surge revealed in another tweet:



On the blog: Amazon UK Kindle Daily Deal! A Place of Meadows and Tall Trees by Clare Dudman for £1.09! ... 



So, for some reason, my book was on offer for the day, with very gratifying results.  

My thanks to whoever was responsible!

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul Halpern said...

Congratulations! Hope the book continues to do well! Bruges is a lovely town, as I recall.

Wed Dec 05, 01:30:00 am  
Blogger Manoj Sterex said...

Yaay! Congrats! :D

Wed Dec 05, 07:17:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thank you Paul and Manoj!

Wed Dec 05, 08:44:00 am  
Blogger Brian Clegg said...

Clare, this is something your publisher will have agreed. Usually in the 24 hours you can expect sales in four figures. Of course you don't earn much per book but the good news is you can expect Kindle sales to be unusually high (at full price) for a month after. I've had this done with two of my books and it really works wonderfully.

Wed Dec 05, 09:32:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Ah, thank you, Brian! Mystery solved. I was putting it down to luck of the draw - this makes far more sense.

Wed Dec 05, 10:58:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home