Monday, December 12, 2011

What I'm Doing 37:

What I'm listening to:


Ariodante: an opera with an Italian libretto by G.F. Handel first performed in Covent Garden in 1735.


The version I have downloaded is sung by Anne Sophie Von Otter from Archiv 457 271-2: Anne Sofie von Otter, Lynne Dawson, Veronica Cangemi, Ewa PodleÅ›, Richard Croft, Denis Sedov, Luc Coadou; Chorus of Les Musiciens du Louvre; Les Musiciens du Louvre; Marc Minkowski, conductor (live recording, 1997). I am hoping this will help me get into the mood of the early eighteen century.

What I watched last:


Alice in Wonderland - Tim Burton's adaptation of the Lewis Carol classic. It had some good effects and ideas, and Johnny Depp and Helen Bonham Carter were as brilliant as usual, but the story (which was a derivation of the original) seemed not quite extraordinary as I was expecting.

What I'm reading (on my Kindle):


A Tale of a Tub by Jonathan Swift. Having now compiled my lexicon of 400 words (based on Gulliver's Travels), I am eager to read a little more of his satire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home