Friday, September 02, 2011

"striped worms with legs in mattress"

Since discovering the stats tab at the top of blogger a few weeks ago I have had hours of amusement discovering how people arrive on my blog. This morning I discovered that someone had arrived here after using the words in the title of this post.

Where was the mattress, I wonder. Who turned it over or pulled back the sheet? Who reeled back? Did they make a sound or did they more quietly draw in air past their teeth? Was it a maid at a guest house, or a run-down hotel, or a guest? Or was it an industrialist with secrets at some smarter establishment, and those striped worms with legs are the sort that crawl under your skin into your mind, sucking up thoughts and replacing them with a set of irresistible impulses: 'pick up the phone, tap in this number, and tell the woman who answers all that you know'.

It's such a good thing he found them first and was able to google himself an answer and it is this: Get out now. Run for your life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Blogger now has built-in stats. Fabulous. If I remember correctly, when I was blogging on Blogger in 2006, in order to get stats, I would have had to install Google Analytics.

It was this lack of built-in stats that urged me to move my blog to WordPress.

It's definitely fun to see how people find a blog and your search terms are truly creative.

Sat Sept 03, 03:30:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Thanks Mary! Yes, I have always tried to avoid stats, but now I have them, of course I am checking them all the time.

I'm going to have to kick the habit soon - and get a life :-)

Sat Sept 03, 01:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home