Friday, October 22, 2010

Visiting Denbigh Library

Denbigh is a medieval town, high on a hill


with its own stock


and cross where people used to stand to be hired, and butchers sharpened their knives.


The library, where I gave my talk to the Denbigh Reading Group (a large one, of over 20 people) yesterday, was once the town hall.


I was a little early so I walked on: up another steep hill


to the medieval town wall


with views of a bright sky and Clwydian hills.


Then up again, past the Earl of Leicester's thwarted ambitions for a sixteenth century cathedral


to the castle.

I've been to Denbigh library to give talks before and there is always a warm welcome with cakes, and everyone clutching a copy of my book - because Denbighshire Libraries have bought a reading group set. So thank you Denbighshire Libraries!

2 Comments:

Anonymous marly youmans said...

I always love your walks about a town.

And how lovely to buy a set for reading groups!

Sun Oct 24, 11:11:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Yes, great, isn't it? I was very pleased it.

Mon Oct 25, 07:46:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home