Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Train Reading

I'm off to London for a book launch tonight, and intend to either visit the exhibition on Chinese printing at the British Museum or the new Apple shop in Covent Garden or both.


Having just finished Adam Nevill's stunning Apartment 16 (top of this pile) I now have to choose what to read next. Maybe something from this pile... or maybe something else. It's a hard choice. Or maybe I shall just settle back and listen to more of Murakami's Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.

4 Comments:

Blogger cromercrox said...

That's a lot of books to carry around. These days I figure it's worth the money to buy an iBook and read it on the iPad. And I can listen to stuff on it as well...

Wed Aug 18, 11:37:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Ah, Cromercrox, I used to have iphone-envy, now I have ipad-envy... You're right, I'm increasingly feeling I'm so last century with all these dusty books. I do like the covers though, and the physical laying to one side of a book enjoyed and finished.

Wed Aug 18, 11:49:00 am  
Blogger cromercrox said...

Don't get me wrong - I love books, and nothing stirs the heart quite as much as a shelf of volumes, neatly arranged. I love the smell of new books, and the feel of old books, loved and well-thumbed. If I had to make a choice, with all other things being equal, a real book will win hands down. I've just finished two corkers of books which I'm convinced I enjoyed more because they were physical entities. It's just ... well, while travelling, it's so much easier to have an e-version. Ooooh... I feel a blog coming on.

Wed Aug 18, 01:48:00 pm  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Agreed! I have ordered myself a Kindle since they are cheaper, and my friend Debra Hamel recommends highly...

Thu Aug 19, 08:39:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home