Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Welsh Waterstones Tour: Stop 6 - Abergavenny

Abergavenny is in the Brecon Beacons - a well-known beauty-spot of green hills and trees


all of which require copious amounts of rain of course, hence the footwear of choice is the wellie.


I also spied a castle, tucked behind the street on the edge of an escarpment


with a 12th century entrance


and slitted windows in the younger (14th century) part


and grander ones for what was a hall and the bedchambers, and the usual tales of heinous deeds necessary to keep down the rebellious Welsh.

I always come across the Waterstones shop unexpectedly


with the poster advertising my event in the window


and another (extremely kind) one inside with my books,


and I enjoyed myself talking, and talking and talking - to the staff and the customers - until it was time to go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home