Thursday, May 21, 2009

Please Help Save Salt Books

This year I hosted Elizabeth Baines and Tania Hershmann as they made a book tour through the blogosphere. I was greatly impressed with their books: in particular with Elizabeth's gorgeous style and with Tania's ability to sweep a scientific fact off its feet and go running with it.

I read today on twitter that their publisher SALT books is in need of help since sales are down and their grant is running out and it would help enormously if everyone would 'buy just one book'. Their site is here.

Looking through their story selection I saw many splendid books, but the one which particularly struck me was Vanessa Gebbie's WORDS FROM A GLASS BUBBLE - so I've just bought that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Murdoch said...

I went for Balancing on the Edge of the World ny Elizabeth Baines. God knows when I'll get around to reading the damn thing since my to-be-read pile has now become a to-be-read shelf but it's thin so maybe I can squeeze it in somewhere.

Fri May 22, 05:18:00 am  
Blogger Clare Dudman said...

Excellent Choice, Jim! I know exactly what you mean about the TBR 'pile'. I looked at mine last night and told my husband that it had got to the stag last night that I truly think I have too many to read in my life-time. But just having them makes me feel happy for some reason.

But do read Elizabeth's if you can - it is really very good and quick.

Fri May 22, 09:03:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home