Monday, August 06, 2007

APPEARING ROOMS by Jeppe Hein

Outside the Royal Festival Hall on the south bank of the Thames there are walls made of water.

They come and go and


it is difficult to predict


where exactly they will appear



next. Perhaps the best idea is to come prepared


with suitable


apparel.

The installation is by the Danish artist Jeppe Hein. It first appeared on the site in 1951 during the Festival Of Britain - which was close to a decade before I was born. It looked like so much fun that it made me wish I was at least thirty-five years younger than I am.

That's my trouble - always too late or too early.

It will be there until the 16th September and is open from 10am until 10pm. Fun in the dark too, I expect.
Link

5 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

It is a 100 degrees in the shade here, so gigantor water walls of a fountain sounds perfect for hot aug.

Tue Aug 07, 04:23:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I can even imagine what 100 degrees in the shade feels like, Susangalique! It sounds pretty wonderful though.

Tue Aug 07, 09:04:00 am  
Blogger AYDIN Ă–RSTAN said...

Perfect for global warming days as long as there is enough water.

Tue Aug 07, 07:48:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aydin. I would just like to say that the UK has got quite enough water at the moment and definitely doesn't need any more.

Tue Aug 07, 10:08:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics of the children enjoying the water...

Fri Aug 10, 07:18:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home