Thursday, July 26, 2007

What I'm Doing 4:


What I'm reading:
INCREDIBLE BODIES by Ian McGuire
(Very, very funny satire on academic life).

What I watched last:
SIMPSONS - THE MOVIE
(At the request of Hodmandods Minor and Major. Pretty funny though somehow I fell asleep half way through for a few minutes. This despite the theatre being pretty disgusting - smelt strongly of sweaty bodies and burnt sugar and we had to wade through a large amount of other people's detritus to get to seats. It reminded me why I haven't been out to see a film for a long, long time).

What I'm writing:
Nothing very much.

What I'm hoping to accomplish tomorrow:
The shopping.
(Ambitions at an all time low at the moment).

What I'm wearing:
Terracotta linen trousers and sleeveless brown shirt.

What I'm listening to:
Talkin' Bout A Revolution by Tracy Chapman
(An old favourite - having heard it on a bus in Nimes felt the urge to dig it out and listen again).

What I'm dreaming about:
Going down to London to swan around looking at art exhibitions and have a drink with one of my editors next week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susanna said...

Have you ever seen Faris Buller's Day off. I love the scene where they are in the museum. I love the part where the dorky friend is staring at a famous painting so intently.

I love it.

Fri Jul 27, 04:13:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I've not seen that. Thanks for the recommendation Susangalique. I've not much clue about films and welcome guidance!

Fri Jul 27, 06:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've only said these words "Very, very funny satire on academic life", but I really must look that book up. Reminds me of David Lodge's early work, which I loved.

Sat Jul 28, 08:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very good, CFR - I think you'd enjoy it - as the Times said 'Lucky Jim for the twenty-first century' and it really is laugh-out loud funny.

Sat Jul 28, 09:36:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home