Monday, May 28, 2007

Three Black Crows


In my story called Eczema in Loggorhea I describe three black crows:
'They were silent, hooded as usual in their black scarves and cloaks, their faces hidden in shadow...'

and was surprised to see them exactly how I imagined them in today's Telegraph. They looked so weirdly familiar that I took a quick sketch (actually they are part of a display by Philip Jackson and are called 'Cloister Conspiracy' and are on display with several other bronze statues in the Catto Gallery, London. Next time I go down there I must take a look). Very spooky.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

I have a thing about crows at the moment - rather obvious, I suppose, when you consider that my new novel is entitled Corvus - but my mental picture is completely different. I think I must read that story of yours soon.

Mon May 28, 01:28:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I like crows too - such enigmatic creatures.

Mon May 28, 01:43:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clare,

Back from the parade--and yes, this could be an illustration for your "Eczema"!

My husband gave me a big black carved raven in honor of my "raven mocker" book... But I always think of Poe, seeing it.

And hi, Lee--

Thanks for coming by my e-house. I'll pay a return visit soon (not today--today is already parceled out!)

Mon May 28, 06:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home