Sunday, January 21, 2007

BAFAB 2007: The Winners

Well, after long consideration the decision has been made...

Firstly, I'd like to say that I found Blog Queen's art business venture and Professor's Fantasy's foray into publishing both hugely commendable and I look forward to following how they are going and supporting you both as much as I can;

that I am sure that Sadie J will keep her vow and I would love to hear how that goes too. The best of luck, and I am sure you will end up loving every moment;

that even though Dreamweaver indicates that her hope for reviews are just dreams at the moment - I hope they will eventually come true;

and that 'Anon I' will have equal success in her search for a partner too.

I would also like to say that I found both Anonny Nonny and Intisar's lists wonderfully inspiring and entertaining, so thank you so much for those.

It was a very difficult decision and in the end found I could not narrrow it down to just one winner but three and these are:

(i) Bad Girl for her imagination and verve - she receives a copy a copy of '98 Reasons For Being'.

(ii) Scott for his persistence and for making me laugh - he receives either a copy of my Wegener book (or if he has read that a copy of 'Karluk' by William Laird McKinlay - the story of another Arctic Adventure).

and (iii) Anonymous II who is returning to university in order to study for a PhD. This sounds to me to be an excellent and worthwhile activity and I'd like to wish you all my best. He or she willl receive 'Body Parts' by Hermione Lee - 'a series of brilliant essays...about every aspect of reading and writing, a life.' I hope that she/he will find it inspiring read.

So CONGRATULATIONS Bad Girl, Scott and Anon II - if you would email me (clareATclaredudmanDOTcom) with your addresses I shall send the books to you ASAP.

Thank you all very much for taking part and thank you to Susan, Filberta and Andrew for helping me with my choice.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wisdom of Clare . . . but shouldn't everybody have a copy of Clare's books?

I wonder if that could be arranged.

Hey, you--yeah, you, reading this. Go buy one, will you?

--Love,
the littlest nut

Sun Jan 21, 06:54:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dancing Queen! (Do you ever strut to Abba, Clare?)
And congratulations to your winners!
But, more than that, all my best wishes to all who have a goal in the coming year and may you achieve it!
It was an inspiring competition and the prize(s) something to enjoy! I think they will inspire more too!

I intend to join in on the next BAFAB. I missed this one, but for the next round I too will have a book or books to pass on. And what a great way of doing it!

Mon Jan 22, 12:13:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, Clare, though quite why my plans should have made you laugh I find curious.

Mon Jan 22, 01:39:00 am  
Blogger Susan said...

I wasn't laughing, Scott! I'm busy knitting you some nice woollen undies!

Mon Jan 22, 01:58:00 am  
Blogger Jan said...

Lucky Scott! If it's who I think he is, make them thick ones as he's quite a slender chap.

Mon Jan 22, 10:39:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear it, Susan, and you can confidently expect a telegram from yours truly from the South Pole in the next six months.

Mon Jan 22, 10:49:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not who you think I am, Jan, though you're right about the slender aspect. Bit of a newcomer here- Andrew. Though I do share my friend Scott's confidence in his pigs and sheep assault on the pole.

Mon Jan 22, 05:16:00 pm  
Blogger badgirl said...

I'm the total newcomer as my first comment was entering the contest. Oh, I feel as though I won one of those clearing house sweepstakes however, I don't really know what that would be like. This is so much better! And wow. I copied my comment; it's in my computer, in my head and on the internet. I had better follow through on it all!!! Well, I've got more than eleven months, better get cracking.
By the by, I am an American, a northwesterner even on Puget Sound. I am a singer, I am a house keeper and am going to use my housekeeping skills which are substantial-20+ years worth-knowing 3 lanuages, a Bachelor's degree and plenty of spunk to get me to that penthouse with a view of the skyline as a live-in domestic. You can bet you willa ll hear about it if, indeed I get there. I suppose I'd have to set up my own blog...but, this one is so nice with all of you seemingly in my living room having a chat.
Let me close by saying I am honored to have won and by such a wonderful author to boot.
badgirl

Fri Jan 26, 04:56:00 am  

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home