Monday, February 13, 2017

What I'm Doing 44

What I'm watching
Just finished watching Professor Simon Keay as he takes a minibus along the route that a small boat would have taken along the Claudius Basin of Portus.  Somehow, substituting a minibus for a boat, there is the same effect of drifting gently along, and Simon Keay is the perfect tour guide into the Roman past.

What I'm Listening to
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Although I enjoyed Earthly Powers by Anthony Burgess, it was very long and sometimes quite miserable, so it's quite a relief to plunge into something where the two heroines seem to be suffering from some sort of depression (and coping in the modern way with a carrier bag full of ready mixed gin and tonic).  Strangely, I find this cheering.

What I'm reading.
Still reading Into the Woods by John Yorke.  I am still working my way through the initial thicket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation.

<< Home